Null

Have a new Atlantis site you'd like to share with us? Updates on your website? Anything at all to do with websites goes here!
Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

Null

#1 Post by Pharoah » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Well, this fits the criteria, i have a website now, (if ya'll remember, i talked about it before the K.F.U went down)

i have been working on this (along with html and php) and it's turned out pretty well.
Last edited by Pharoah on Fri May 18, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

G.I Downtime...

#2 Post by Pharoah » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:59 pm

Well, someones gonna face the wrath of Pharoah now...My site has been dissabled cause some one don't like. Now when you visit my page, you'll see at the top: "This site has been disabled until further notice due to excessive usage of this web server's disk space"

I know who did it, and they will pay dearly for there breach of security on my site. They wrongfully dissabled it too, i didn't even get an email stating that they were going to. Hell, a warning would have been nice, and they didn't just dissable the main page..,OHHH NO, they dissabled my fanart gallery, my story page, my damn forums, and everything to do on my site, the only think they didn't touch was the Teamspeak chat server, and thats cause i have a port for it. I now have to get in touch with my friend, who codes for the people who shut down my site, and see what exactly is going on. They will rue the day they messed with me and my stuff.....Wish me luck.

Ultimate Supreme Exectutive Chairman, Founder, President and CEO of G.I, Pharoah.

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:10 am

From the looks of it, you used up your bandwidth. Every server has an allotted amount of bandwidth that each website is allowed to use. Bandwidth is data transfer:
In website hosting, bandwidth is the amount of information downloadable from the webserver over a prescribed period of time. In essence, it is the rate [data/time], but the time in this case is not seconds but rather a month or a week. So this rate is not like 56K or broadband, etc., which are also bandwidth but are measured per seconds. Web hosting companies often quote a monthly bandwidth limit for a website, for example 2GB/month. If visitors to the website download a total greater than 2GB in one month, the bandwidth limit will have been exceeded.
So it looks like your site is too popular for its own good. Ways to minimze bandwidth use include not direct linking or posting large files, and right-clicking and "save target as" when you download something. If that doesn't work, you may have to upgrade to a server that allots you more bandwidth.

Also, your site will come back when the allotted time is used up. Some servers have monthly bandwidth; others have weekly, daily, or hourly. If your bandwidth is monthly, the site should come back by itself on July 1, when the server resets itself.

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#4 Post by Pharoah » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:14 pm

okay, cool. I guess it is quite popular. i have quite a few hits on it. I hope it comes back soon, cause my friend, who codes for this guy, lets him get free hosting in exchange for coding his site (meaning, Ben codes All Out, and he gets free hosting) and since i am a subdirectory under Ben's site, i don't know if they want me to pay, or just wait.