So, if I make a fansite...

Have a new Atlantis site you'd like to share with us? Updates on your website? Anything at all to do with websites goes here!
Sparky
Outsider
Outsider

So, if I make a fansite...

#1 Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:50 am

All right well, I've been thinking about a fansite and everything, but I'm not sure what all I should put on it. When I make a fansite, I prefer to have some sort of angle, and to know that I'm putting some stuff up that you can't get anywhere else (unless it's just a screencap site). If nothing else, my own fanfic and art, but I've never done fic or art for Atlantis. :/ I don't even have roleplay logs.

Now I can definitely do screencaps - I know there's ATLE caps on Magical Screencaps, but I could at least do Milo's Return and maybe the extras on the Collector's Edition ATLE set. I could do like, reviews on the ATLE books I own, and scan in the coloring book maybe. I could scan the comics from the Disney Adventures magazine. I shouldn't post the whole graphic novel, should I? I know that some people have tried to decipher the Shepherd's Journal but has anyone redrawn the pages with either retyped Atlantean (so it's clear and easy to read) or the translation?

Is there anything that anyone would *like* to see? And what about an angle? There's already been a Whitmore Industries-based site and a few City of Atlantis-based ones. I'm not sure there's anything else I can do. Related to that, I don't know what to call the site.

Any feedback would be appreciated. :) Here are all my other sites if you want to see what kinds of sites I've done already.

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Kidagakash85 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Keran Shadlag has done a lot of good translation work of the Atlantean language, including of the Shepherd's Journal: http://www.freewebs.com/keran_shadlag/t ... ournal.htm

So if you want to do something with language, he'd be the person to talk to. :)

A screencap site would be cool; I never actually had heard of magical screencaps and so didn't know that resource existed, but if you wanted to do one that had both A:TLE and Milo's Revenge, er, Return, that would be nice because it would be a specifically Atlantis-themed site. I understand that you wouldn't want to do something that's already been done, though.

Another option could be that you could make a fanlisting for your favorite character, item, relationship, whatever that would allow you to bring something "different," and then expand the site. A lot of fanlistings are also shrines. There are currently listings for the first movie, Kida, and Milo + Kida, but everything else is still available.

Hope this helped!

Sparky
Outsider
Outsider

#3 Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:06 pm

and Milo's Revenge, er, Return
Lol that's what always pops into my head when I see that title. :D

I just received my copy of Subterranean Tours, btw. I never even knew that book existed until like last week. I seriously thought all that stuff on Reb's site was fan-created. *^_^* No really I don't remember anyone mentioning it back in my rp days. NOW I know where everybody was getting all their info from! :roll: I feel dumb.

Anyways. Yeah I was thinking of making the site Mole-centric, like I made my Hercules site Pain-centric. But I'm just not sure I could do that well. I'll think about it.

Again, if there's anything anyone can think of that they'd like to see on an ATLE site, speak up. ;) If anybody ever comes back here, lol. It's like I *just* missed the last surge of interest.

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Kidagakash85 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Sparky wrote:I just received my copy of Subterranean Tours, btw. I never even knew that book existed until like last week.
I reeeeally need to get my hands on that book! I've heard people talking about it before, but never saw it in stores. I'm not exactly sure even what it looks like or what's in it, but it sounds like there's a LOT of information in it. The only books I ever saw were the small storybooks, the Essential Guide, the Illustrates Script and the Journal of Milo Thatch (which I found at Toys R Us like 3 years after the movie came out, bizarrely). I saw the one that explained tattoos at the Disney store but I never bought it, although now I really wish I did. I think it was called "The Mark of a Princess."

I need to scour eBay for these things.

/off-topic

If Mole interests you, making a site/part of your site for him might be a good idea! If you were making a fanlisting, you might be surprised and get more members than you'd think. I know he's a well-liked character in the fandom, people have posted on here about him before.

Sparky
Outsider
Outsider

#5 Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:14 pm

"Mark of a Princess" huh? *buys it*

Lol, I think that's like the 7th Atlantis book I've bought since I got back from Disneyland. Seriously, forget eBay, try Amazon and go through the Amazon Sellers. They have everything, and most of them are like, one penny for the book and 4 dollars shipping. I'm not kidding. That's something I'll put on my site with the book reviews, links to the books on Amazon Sellers.

While I do belong to fanlistings I'd really rather not start one. I run several online communities right now and I don't want to keep track of something else - I stopped running webrings for that reason. A guestbook is the most I'd want to do. ;)