7 year anniversary

Here is the place we can discuss the two films, including character discussions, favorite moments, music, pictures, etc.
Sunshine
Outsider
Outsider

7 Year Anniversary

#16 Post by Sunshine » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:18 pm

I myself am excited about the upcoming 10 year anniversary too! I can't believe it's already 9 years later. It's amazing how time flies, huh?

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#17 Post by Pharoah » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:42 pm

No kidding, it's probably one of the very few movies that actually changed the way i live. Oddly enough, those things will be around long after we are dead. So, in a way, doesn't that make them more real, then any of us?

Think about it.... hasn't a character like Kida, or Harry Potter, or Bugs Bunny impacted you're life more then anybody else you have ever really met in real life?

Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

#18 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Yeah, life is weird for me. After exploring the caves, I got the degree and got a job teaching languages (English mostly) and studying Chinese in Siberian China. I met my wife after Mass in a crypt (subterranean) chapel, who's from a tropical island, speaks an exotic language, and lost her father (not mother) about the time of her birth. She can read, but she didn't know much about history or languages, aside from speaking the local language, Tagalog, English, and some Chinese. We got married in an ancient church in the capital city of her island and I was wearing the traditional barong, which is a white, flowing garment made of pineapple fiber. No joke.

She doesn't know martial arts and her dad was a police captain, not a emperor or king. Her mom was never abducted by UFO's. She has 2 sisters. There are no flying, fish-shaped cars in the Philippines, though there are plenty of WWII era covered jeeps which are decorated strangely. Her people are very peaceful and friendly, like Atlanteans, though. However, they're punctual, not so laid-back. And there aren't any really ancient ruins over there, only a ton of 1600s churches and buildings. Oh, and she definitely did not get possessed by an Elder god and transmogrify an evil general while I led a band of converted missionaries to save her.

What are the odds? God uses ATLE as a teaching tool for me. I'll always remember Fishkill, NY, though. What are the odds?