Hello!

Discussions pertaining to the board itself go here, including introductions and requests for help!
Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

Hello!

#1 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi Everybody,
Supak Tewantop,

I've been meaning to join this group for a while. It's really cool that you're all still here and that this board is still up and running. Most Atlantis fan boards have been deleted or abandoned, as have most of the websites.

I hope to post more later. For now let me say that I'm a fan of the Atlantean language created by Marc Okrand. I saw the movie in July of 2001 with my dad when I was 14. At that time I really became interested in the Atlantean alphabet. Atlantis the Lost Empire really started my interest in archaeolinguistics.

After a few years of studying and working with other ancient writing systems (from non-fiction, however), I returned to Atlantean last December. This time I approached the Atlantean Alphabet from the standpoint of using it to write real Atlantean.

Well, I hardly believe it, but in these last two months (mostly the first half) I've written a book on Atlantean, "Atlantean Grammar". It's a grammar and dictionary combination for the language. I discovered how Atlantean is written by analyzing freeze frames from the movie. These and other discoveries or theories build on the work of a number of fan discipherers. Chief among them are Paul Sherrill, Atlantima, Delalyra, Rebmakash, Leenay, and a few others, mostly near-anonymous contributers to the Wikipedia article.

Anyway, after this I'll post something about free Atlantean lessons. It's great to be apart of this board.

Friendly Good-bye's,
Gamoken priduses,

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Kidagakash85 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:22 pm

Hey! So glad to have a new member on the board! Your interest in the Atlantean language is amazing! I'm an anthroplogy major, and my department places heavy emphasis on the four subfields (archaeology, biological, cultural, and linguistics), so it's so cool to see someone so dedicated to archaeolinguistics!

Like Milo!!

I'm looking forward to reading your lessons on Atlantean, and I look forward to getting to know you on the board! :D

Nedakh
Outsider
Outsider

#3 Post by Nedakh » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:33 pm

Welcome aboard Keran_Shadlag!
It's nice to see more people join the club. It's really surprising for me to realize that there are people who take the Atlantean language so seriously! Congratulations!
See you around!

Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

#4 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:39 am

Tokh!
"Hi!"

Is that an invitation, Kidagakash85? Where's a good place to write down the lessons? I would feel most at home if someone else were to start a thread of invitation in The Fandom section of the board.

Just for reference, I put a few compositions in under "About the language..." They include a paragraph on crab meat and a translation of the Our Father.

Gamok,
"Good-bye",
Lawrence Rogers
Keran Shadlag, "Marker the-Fifth"

Words of the Day: "Shomenesh sha", "Using five sentences", literally means "Using five waves"; means 'using a paragraph." (Atlantean writes "back and forth like water".)
Pronounced: SHOA-meh-nesh SHAH
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tokh!

Wadagosin bashebenen du, KidagakashShahGimYakhepen-top? "Yutenosen nebet okwepin dagunekik, yus lat narbadeg detig kudetot dap?" Lud gebruses Wegenosilop kudobirenag med tewanag yetanostem priduses kupeglonot bet nagebos nagawinduses kapertagokik.

Epkelos pobadegueses ser, "Digtem neb" med okwepenag dangunag yutenosentem tipimmil okwepenin dangunimik. Digag dosepag Tabtop Gwisin gim shomenesh sha martakag wiltem bashebetokh.

Gamokmiluses,
Lorekim Ragakh
ad pannebuses lenigetot Keran Shadlag,
Digesh Adlantisag:
"Benag Demotlop gim Imag Dinag, Dutlag, Saylag, Kutlag Pak"

Daposen Nalag Yobag: "shomenesh sha" (benen tonueses kut gim din)
Prawit dangun: SH-O-M-E-N-E-SH SH-A

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Kidagakash85 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Put it in the "Atlantean" section. I look forward to reading them!

Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

#6 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:33 pm

Degim, "deh-GEEM", Greetings,

That's enough of an invitation for me! Just give me a few days to a week.

Nagebos gawindin mokhin pasiluses esetot bet kaperekik. Nalentem yobag say gim tos ser satibyok. Pageshenekh.

Gamok, "GAH-moak", Good-bye,
Lawrence Rogers

P.S.

Sentence Order is: SOV and S I.O. D.O. V
Subject, Indirect Object, Direct Object, Verb

nageb to enter
Derived: -os as a noun-maker; from wegene->wegenos
- no special ending means nominative
or special noun (kunet, surface; shayod, hand; tamar, law)
gawindin joyfully, Adverb
mokh you
-in pronoun suffix showing possession (Genitive)
pasil to be over
Derived: -uses as adjective-maker; from prid->priduseses to be
e simple present tense marker
t sound adjustment letter
ot "he/she/it" suffix: "tug/tukh/tok"
bet for
kaper to perceive
k sound adjustment letter
ik "I" suffix: "kag"
nal time
-en means more than one
-tem noun suffix showing direct or indirect object (trad. called "Accusative")
yob crystal
-ag noun suffix for description (Genitive)
say three
gim and
tos seven
ser just, only
satib to follow
-yok verb suffix for requests or commands to a group
pagesh long form of 'to thank'
-nekh "you-all familiar (gabr) or unfamiliar (gebr)
(Some of this is "New Atlantean". All words are from canonical sources.)
Hello ! Supak ! Good-bye ! Gamok !
Success ! Badeg ! Fail ! Karok !
Please. Beket. Thanks. Pag.
I speak a little Atlantean. Ad tip. (do "little" gesture)

Photo Credits:
"Atlantis-The Lost Empire Model Sheets" The Disney Informer. Ed. Tim Montgomery, 1996-2007. 27 Feb. 2007

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#7 Post by Pharoah » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:12 pm

That is so awsome. hey do you have an online dictonary? cause that would really be cool.

Btw i am also a big atlantis fanatic (ask anyone on the forum) i also have made several big fan fics and many episodic stories based on atle and 1 of my chars. they are pretty cool.

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Kidagakash85 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:59 am

I need to read my Noble-Scarlet e-mail more.

I'm sorry, Keran_Shadlag! I've fixed your username!!

Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

#9 Post by Blueoriontiger » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:54 am

Hey! Welcome to the boards! That's cool about the Atlantean language. Though my major in college in Astronomy, I still find your field of study very fascinating! I definitely look forward to seeing what you have to show! :D

@Kidagakash85: Sorry I haven't been here lately. I think I'm here to stay, now that work study is going okay so far. :P
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover