back -2- school

Have something going on in your real life that you'd like to tell your friends at KFU about? Talk about it here!
Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

back -2- school

#1 Post by Kidagakash85 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:38 am

So, I'm back at college now. I don't have internet at my apartment yet, so I'm using the computer lab at school for the moment. The combination of that and the ungodly amount of work assigned to me by my professors will likely mean that I won't be here very much over the next few months.

BUT I'LL BE GRADUATING IN DECEMBER *screams with joy*, so maybe then I'll be here more. :)

BTW, my linguistics professor is basically Thaddeus Thatch. Or an older Milo, whichever you prefer. Glasses, brownish-blondish hair, beard, full suit with pocket watch on chain, nerdy linguistics love, knows someone who knows Mark Okrand...full on Thatch.

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#2 Post by Pharoah » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:04 pm

kinda interesting being thats what i am exactly WEARING right now, seriously, a blue pocket watch, and suit, looken all leet. btw, kinda off topic, how many of you are Ecco The Dolphin fans? Reason being, i just finished both OST's for the Sega System. they are full OST's, wasn't too sure, of who was a fan, i happen to recall some fan art with dolphins by sombody... anyway... congratulations on getting this far, throw a big party com December!

(PS K.F.U Members can get both of these OST's Free from me) Basically i located a dump file of the music (in .VGZ form) i converted em to MP3's. :) :D

Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

#3 Post by Blueoriontiger » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:51 am

I started going back to school on Monday this week.
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#4 Post by Pharoah » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:57 pm

i forget, what are you into (what is your major gonna be)

btw where you a member on my site? i think you originaly where. let me know if you wanted to be a member on the site again cause i got it back up. (along with other kfu members) let me know if you wanna be a member, it's free and you get your name and what you do on my members page. http://gakash-industries.drkstudios.net/index.html

as for me, i would like to major in fixing computers. gotta get some $$$ first.

Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

#5 Post by Blueoriontiger » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:14 pm

I major in Astronomy.

Sorry I haven't been on lately. I'll try to upload soon later today when I'm not so busy.

Janeil H.
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#6 Post by Pharoah » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:14 pm

No rush, take your time, it's been a busy (money making) week for me. Be sure to check out my website and get back with me if u wanna be a member. Peace! (btw if Kida where a Sniper, like up in the mountains, i would nick name her Sniper Wolf)

Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

#7 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:51 am

Yeah, I'm swamped with homework, too. We're on week 3 here at the new college. They have all the ancient languages I could want, but none of my friends.

I'm taking all heavy science linguistics courses, so it's gonna be hard to pull it all off. My greatest challenge though is deciding between focusing on the earliest form of written Chinese (called Oracle Bone Script) and the earliest, monumental, priestly script of ancient Egypt (all Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs). Oracle Bone Script means I take Mandarin next and Egyptian means it's French all the way to Grad School.

-I'm an undergraduate in Linguistics at this new place, if anyone forgot.-

I'm glad Kidagakas85 is taking Linguistics. What's you major, '85?

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:38 pm

I'm actually double-majoring in history and anthropology. My school does a 4-field approach to anthro (archaeological, cultural, biological/physical, and linguistic), so we have to take at least one class from each subfield. So this semester, I'm taking linguistics! It's soooo interesting! For our final project, we have the option of creating our own language; it kept making me think about Atlantean and the work you've done, Keran_Shadlag. Anyway, I'm debating working on a new language with a group, or possibly doing an individual project on something like the historical evolution of a language (I've always been interested in the connection between the ancient languages of the Anatolia area and more modern Asian languages that use similar symbolic structures).

I have to make my topic proposal soon, so I guess I'd better make up my mind, haha...

Oh, oh! I took an Egyptian language class last fall! It was actually in the history department, but it was very much a linguistic class. By the time of the final, I was able to translate like 10 lines from "The Shipwrecked Sailor" and recognize something like 50 hieratic and hieroglyphic symbols. When my group was doing our final presentation, our prof surprised us by showing us a photo of a preserved scroll and asked us to pick out as many hieratic symbols as we could, and I actually was able to translate a bunch. It was sooo cool! (I've probably forgotten all of it by now, though, haha)

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#9 Post by Pharoah » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:08 pm

hehe, wanna here something interesting? i created my own language based on atlantean. funny cause i even did my own symbols for awhile... it's what i like to call (Pre-Atlantean Language, the very first, and basic language, Simplified by the G.C.G's or course, but it was still effective, it was used as Atlantean Morris Code for G.C.G's if you will. it's rather interesting. by the way i am also working on my Ebonics to English Converter skills. this is very funny. Basically a slang to English converter. example:

Yo mane, can i get some dope fo-real?

Sir, May I, Illegally purchase some Cocaine?

(or)

Yo, can you hook me up wit some cheddar so i can get my gear?

Sir, My I please borrow some money, so that i can repair my vehicle?

if you have any funny ones, i would be more then happy to convert them. (kida would laugh her ass of if she where to here such poor language and then have somebody correct it in that manner)