Rourke, Milo, stereotypes

Here is the place we can discuss the two films, including character discussions, favorite moments, music, pictures, etc.
RifleExpert
Palace Guard
Palace Guard

Rourke, Milo, stereotypes

#1 Post by RifleExpert » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:16 am

or "The Five Sins Of Hollywood"
So, watching ATLE im recognized, that Atlantis is not exception for stereotips =( Why?

1) Bad guys allways rude and strong. (I dont think Rourke is feeble, we see them as strong person from the first time we seen em, and it's from the beginning is seen, who is bad guy)

2) In the final battle the main hero(Milo) is being cool punched, to make the viewer think that he will be dead, after a second. But after that he wins by mysterical power. ( Or just like movie with Vahn-Damm - im shure, that the kicks he recieved before he kills the main enemy is not compatible with life function =) )

3) In a lot of movies allways present the neutral or evil(but it's rare) personalityes, who helps the hero in the difficult situations. (I dont believe, that the mans, who'd aiming you in targeter a minute ago can help you after morality lection, it's a scenary "hole" i think)

4)...and the main hero is trying to do the crazy fool after he realized that he is lost, but he allways saved from it. (Milo's scream and moving - "We cant let them do it!", and Vinny as a saviour. If i will be in plase of Milo, first of my thinks will be about destroying "maxim" mashinegun, , all sentiments only after that. Okay, i know it's movie mainly for children, but it was the first thing (when i wathed it first, i was 13 y.o, if im not wrong) that wasnt on my taste.)

5) Incredible flight and lot of effects before the end, that is allways happy.

I think that low dozed stereotypes is needed, bacause it will increase the understanding ability, and means lower risk for producer - new idea's is fatal sometime, but...
Okay, enough for my opinion, what do you think about???

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#2 Post by Pharoah » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:50 pm

i feel for Milo in that one, i also would probably go ape-$#!@ if something like that happened and i had a way to stop it. and yeah "We are gonna die trying" comes to mind. All or nothing philosophy. which in a way kinda sounds like what Rourke would say. It's understandable that Milo would do what he did, guess he figured he would fight fire with fire. Which is what i would do when it came to something like that)

RifleExpert
Palace Guard
Palace Guard

#3 Post by RifleExpert » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:22 pm

We gonna die trying... This phrases was fatal in all times, from ancient Roman's battles to Stalingrad. Fear is a human's part, and nothing we can do. But when you win it and you still not crazy - it's perfect for battle. Im not called it in previous post because i understanding Milo too; he is not only orator here, he had a great responsibility for all the things he done and trying to do; He do best - strong morality and hate to enemy is the mainest to soldiers, who's commander - you...

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#4 Post by Pharoah » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:20 pm

well lets see... what would my char have done....(lord help Rourke) he would probably (tbh) would have done kinda the same thing that Milo did to him (turned him into a solid crystal form and then blasted him to pieces. (for those of you who don't know, my char is ATLE based. he is the G.C.G (Great Crystal Guardian) one of the ancient protectors of the city before the great flood and beyond. He is human, and can transform into kinda what Kida looked like when she was crystallized, but has wings, can speak, and move around freely. In my series he lives with the people and try to find his meaning in life, (when he becomes this char) he realizes what he must do for the people (and since he likes what he has become) he has no issues with it. (if anything is adds life to the party with his humor and antics) But seriously when it's time to fight and protect he is somebody that you wouldn't wanna be an enemy with. In a nut shell, he protects the Mother Crystal, along with the people of Atlantis. yes he gets to live in the palace with Kida and Milo and gets to enjoy all of their life issues...) Milo is always trying to understand him and his unorthodox ways and his past in my series, along with trying to find some remains of the ancient Atlantis) and as for Kida, he "trys" to answer all of her questions and stay sorta clear of her affection (as for she has some for him since after all, just like Milo, he is a hero) He does not want to mess up a relationship....(but somehow gets caught in the middle of it when it's time to spend time with the Royal Family) His life is epic to say the least....

RifleExpert
Palace Guard
Palace Guard

#5 Post by RifleExpert » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:42 pm

sorry... :oops: Cool, but...
what the char are you talking about? RPG?

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#6 Post by Pharoah » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:54 pm

The G.C.G Is my char i made up for my Story Series when i started writing Fan Fics about Atlantis. i believe i have few shots of him on My Space.

RifleExpert
Palace Guard
Palace Guard

#7 Post by RifleExpert » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:11 pm

oh, good! hmm... fanfiction. Requires a lot of imagination...
Im wrote a poems one time, but now simply no time for it =(
Okay, ill read it and ill give you my recence =)

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#8 Post by Pharoah » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:16 pm

hehe, alot of my fanfics are not posted mainly because they are un-finished series. I have a few full story's, but i mainly write episodic story's.

RifleExpert
Palace Guard
Palace Guard

#9 Post by RifleExpert » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:53 am

Maybe they finished, and you dont think so? =))) All the stories must have the continings, isn's it? =) I have the same problems, but i had a lot of good ricences from a profy writers, so...

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#10 Post by Pharoah » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:48 pm

well i have 2 series i know that are un finished. the first is mainly cause the people i had working on it with me left and gave up... the second is cause i have had little time to work on em. i would have to look.

RifleExpert
Palace Guard
Palace Guard

#11 Post by RifleExpert » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:16 am

Okey, im waiting =)) I like to read =)Especially fan's creations

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#12 Post by Pharoah » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:57 pm

i will have to dig em up and find em, but yeah. i might start posting em on the forums...

Kida
Outsider
Outsider

#13 Post by Kida » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 am

:?

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#14 Post by Pharoah » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Keep in mind alot of my posts are old. I haven't been on the forum in awhile... cause i haven't seen much activity... If u have any questions, PM me!

RifleExpert
Palace Guard
Palace Guard

#15 Post by RifleExpert » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:45 pm

seems like she's still waiting your fiction))