About the language...

Discussions about the Atlantean language and culture can go here. Think of it as a one-stop reference guide for fanfics.
Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

About the language...

#1 Post by Pharoah » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:01 pm

i only know a few phrases from the movie, does anyone else know any phrases? The main ones i use are, YAHD-lu-goh-nikh. and Teeg. Kwham, and Gah-moke. does anyone else know of more than that?

Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

#2 Post by Blueoriontiger » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:47 am

You spelled Gah-moak wrong. Its not Gah-moke.

THere's Wel-theem, which is welcome, soo-puk is the equivalent to cool, and tabtohap is dad.

There's a few others, but I have to think really really hard.....
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#3 Post by Pharoah » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:39 pm

okay, thanks.

Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

Free Lessons in Atlantean

#4 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:22 pm

Degim Tewantop,
Greetings Everyone

If anybody wants free lessons in my best guess at Atlantean, stop by the Yahoo Tech Group The Atlantean Language Group and post a thread.

I've noticed that many of you are away at school right now. If anyone wants to take me up on this offer several months or years down the road, go for it. If it's years, try little_l_jrjr@yahoo.com or some creative googling. (This is a very real possibility in Atlantean language study.)

I also can provide words and constructs for a development of the language that I'm making which I call "New Atlantean." It's mostly compounds and parts-of-speech transformations with no new words, either Proto-Indo-European or otherwise.

Last Sunday I started teaching someone from Germany, Gerhardt Muller.

I'm also willing to teach via e-mail or right here on this board.

ljrogers@mtu.edu

If Atlantima is reading this, thanks for the dictionary! It's one of six that I know of to have ever existed. And yours is currently the only one online! I count you as one of the major pioneers of the language's discipherment!

Gamok gawinduses,
A Joyful Good-bye,
Lawrence Rogers

Here's a message I wrote for Lisa to get on this board:

Wow, do I have exciting news! Since last Dec. 20th I've been on the forefront of discipherment for Disney's Atlantean language. With the help of some of the remaining fans of the language, I've revived the discipherment center, the Yahoo Tech Group The Atlantean Language Group. I'm giving free lessons and I want to make you all aware of our progress.

Yadlugonik! Yutenostem kiyishin bernotlekik. Naltem tipimmil dukhep naltem yobag dukepen pak, imagmok Digag Adlantisag Disinag komtiblemik. Gim doseptem wegenosenag Adlantisag digesh, tegultem kudobirag pannebnosag gesulekik, dos nebet Yakhulag Neshingag Wilag Luden naluses Digag Adlantisag Luden esibmot. Yutenosentem kwam pagonuses wemut berngomik gim gebrit kiyishostem gwisin bashebekik.

This is written in Atlantean using "Readers Script", mostly a fan-creation of the above-mentioned pioneers.
Last edited by Keran_Shadlag on Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

A Culinary Composition

#5 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:28 pm

Here's an example from my "Epigraphist" user page at Wikipedia.Com. This is a short culinary composition. Sorry about the terraced text effect. The capital letters represent Epi Script, a way of writing Atlantean that approximates the Atlantean Alphabet in a Computer-friendly way.

MARTAKTEM GONOSMIG DIGTEM DEG NAGEBPIMIK DIGAG GAMOSOSENTEM BADEGUSES
METLIW GAKAT SOD TOMIPSE TEN METANNAM GEDAB NIBEGUY MAWK TOMIPBOLEK
DIGAG NALTEM SAYDLAG PAK DIGTEM DEG NAGEBPIMOT MARTAKAG WIL TAKAG WIL
LIW GAKATRAM UD NENOGULDAY METHSIN HOM HOTMIPSE MAWK TOMIPSE
NIPAKUSES ESPIMOT

“I ate giant crab. It did not hold a strange taste but a good one. It was good in the mouth. At the same time, dinner, I ate fish meat. The fish and the crab were one and the same. Are you surprised? It was imitation crab meat!”

Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

The Our Father in Atlantean

#6 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:33 pm

Here's a more traditional text for translation. It's written in a Roman script of Atlantean that is directly transformable into the alphabet using the Atlantean font. Both this and the last example are written in the characteristic Atlantean bobustahedron (spelling?) style.

abgdewhiyklumnoprsSt tabtop gwisin
se ten ganesabyosirem metsosrebak
anik mohin kwam karokuses es mewilentop
gasorepak nisiwg solekpe kisam nihom
mohin demottem net kabersostem
limmipit gatomed enil ten ganesabyosirem
yahtem yobuses nalin gwisin gwisit naltem
ganesonateg meg tonreb mettumew teben
yobag gwisin lewidekem bet dos tamar kwam
metnekark meg diwel nisiwg gasolekpe
lotanag gom gwisit kwam tanebe ad
honeg mowk tisiwg ben metsosesunatol
esugotot

This is a very rough translation into the Lord's Prayer. It is preceeded by the Atlantean abecedary I developed. The abecedary is based mostly on the earliest discovered abecedary from Ugarit of the Holy Land.

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#7 Post by Pharoah » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:18 pm

wow, speachless i am, and i am that rarly. nice work. i am also wanting to learn some of this myself. hey my msn is pharoahgakash@hotmail.com if u wanna add me or if u have messenger. btw i would like to get ahold of that dictonary if possible.