My Art and Stuff I've Worked On Over the Years

Have something going on in your real life that you'd like to tell your friends at KFU about? Talk about it here!
Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

My Art and Stuff I've Worked On Over the Years

#1 Post by Blueoriontiger » Thu May 19, 2022 11:35 pm

So I'm sorry if this breaks any rules, but I thought it'd be interesting to show the contrast of how I used to draw back when I joined you guys, and how I do now.

Long story short I haven't improved much in anatomy and actually had a regression, but in terms of digital I've become a lot better at least pulling something together!

This is how I was drawing in that era. My anatomy was taking a shift, but I only started getting somewhat better just before I got into school.

I solidified that style and was getting better in 2010 when I went to university. I only started to do real digital art around this era. I'd say this was my "golden years".

I had some depression problems in my final year with not getting friends/dating, and my art took a nosedive in 2013. I was drawing digitally, but took a bit to produce stuff like this around 2014. Most of my stuff sort of looked more this style.

I finally made major headway in 2017, and I started to draw less-expressioned faces to help get over my art hurdles. This ramped up my production quota quite a bit, and ended up doing dozens of pieces of art in that time. I even managed to snag my first commission in 2018! I'd still experiment with full eyes now and then, though.

When 2019 came around, my stuff was still drawn simply, but the coloring quality took an upgrade. I did a couple coloring jobs for some small indie comics, and a few of my works made it intofan videos, a podcast and even won a small award from a game developer! I was happy for the attention, but I never quite gained a following still. Commissions were rare, and I knew my art was mostly a hobby/a way to express myself rather than income-earning. I also knew I didn't just want to stick with this cartoon art, and a newfound friend later than year started to push me to do different stuff.

Finally when the pandemic hit, I got isolated to do some more development. I started to experiment with eyes again. My figures became a bit more believeable, and supposedly I "drew skirts really well". I started to put out art less, but I was now devoting a lot more time to the actual overall quality. I was hitting a wall with my IRL employment, so while the output of art hit an all-time low, the pieces were having more time put into them.

While I still have quite a ways to go, I made some recent pieces in 2021 that I'm super proud of. I'm glad to show these to you guys, and hope that I'll get to a better state that I wish to in the future. I know my art journey's not been tied to my Atlantis fandom back in the day, but it has been partially responsible to me opening up and doing artwork back in 2004+.

Thanks for reading, and do let me know what you think. My 2021 stuff's below, and you can always see my full dump of art here at my blog. I tend to not really share all my art in art socials anymore, just the better looking ones. Enjoy! :)

Tief n' Bold

RPG Characters vs. Blood Ooze
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Art and Stuff I've Worked On Over the Years

#2 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:29 pm

Good job! Of course you're not breaking any rules :) I'm glad to see members come back and post again. Your art looks great!

Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

Re: My Art and Stuff I've Worked On Over the Years

#3 Post by Blueoriontiger » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:39 pm

Thank you! Glad you like. I don't come here often, and sorry for not replying sooner. I did check back on this a bit sooner than I usually do, but I only stop by 3-4 times a year about. :o

Maybe one day I'll take a stab at drawing some Atlantis fanart, and regale you all with that in my stile. :)
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover