My Trip to Florida

Have something going on in your real life that you'd like to tell your friends at KFU about? Talk about it here!
Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

My Trip to Florida

#1 Post by Blueoriontiger » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:39 am

Well well, I went to Florida aboutt two weeks ago and spent a day. Here is some pics and the story:

My family went to go attend a seminar at the Hyatt Hotel of Orlando, which was right across the street from the Walt Disney World Resort. The seminar was semi-boring, and when it was done, I walked around the hotel and got a few pictures.

This is the main entrance lobby. Tons of tropical trees, four parrots, a pond, and a few other things.

Then I wanted to get a big overview shot of the entire lobby, so I went up to go on an elevator.

What followed was scary. I am not fond of heights, and in my folly of photography picked a two-digit floor. I was taken to the sixteen floor and rode with three other guests in the elevator. Not pretty. By the time the guests left the elevator and I was on the balcony, I was scared out of my shoes.

The height was very dizzying, and I felt light-headed and was walking a little unsteadily. I had to get down, but I managed to get these two pictures.

Now to get down; I realized one somewhat careless mistake I did; Hyatt uses the keycard for your room door to activate and use the elevator!! I could call it, but I couldn't use it.

So I started to think. There HAd to be a fire escape for every floor, just in case the elevators didn't work. So began my search. I finally followed "EXIT" signs to the end of a dark hallway with rooms on each side.

Then I started to walk down from the 16th floor, and make my long walk down the stairs.

Around the thirteenth floor, the stairwell to other floors continued on to a long hallway which led to another flight of stairs . This was unusual, since I've never seen a stairway like that, so I took a picture of that.

On the way down, I found one of these. Not sure exactly what it does for that part of the building, but I know it has water. Sprinkler system? Maybe...

This is what I was aiming for...from the 3rd floor. :oops: All that trouble for this....

Finally, I ended up outside the building in the kid play area where the stairwell exited. Will post more about what I did later on later!!
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#2 Post by Pharoah » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:22 pm

i'm gonna have to get pics of Hilton Head, i think i have a few on my comp, but i don't want to use imageshack to upload em'

i might use it though, nice pics!