Broadway

Talk about any fandom that isn't Atlantis-related here.
Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

Broadway

#1 Post by Kidagakash85 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:20 am

More and more Disney animated movies (and live-action, for that matter) are making it to Broadway. Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Tarzan, Mary Poppins, and now The Little Mermaid is upcoming for 2007.

What if Atlantis made it to Broadway? What scenes would you like to see brought to music? What would you like to see added? (I think a song in Atlantis, while Kida's showing Milo around would be good) What would you change? Actors?

Discuss.

Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

#2 Post by Blueoriontiger » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:30 am

Hmm, I don't know a lot of actors, but I would like to see that on stage. Another scene I would like to see is the first meeting between the expedition and the Atlanteans, and a good drama scene would be with Kida's mom.
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#3 Post by Pharoah » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:47 pm

hmm. mabye a scene where Kida and Milo get married, cause they never really showed them getting merried in either movies.

i wish i could play a cosplay as my guardian charater, since it's pretty much me being me. Then again, i wouldn't mind seeing my series shown as an animated show on Disney, (My A.T.L.E Adventures storys) that would be cool.

AstiMu
Outsider
Outsider

#4 Post by AstiMu » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:41 pm

Probably anyone who's drawn stuff or has written fan fiction would like to see their creations come to life. :)

As for Broadway, I think it would be cool if they used the Atlantean designwork heavily, kinda like what they did in Lion King. That wouldn't work so well with the industrial stuff, but as they progress there could be a gradual style change from the hard-edged geometry to graceful organic curves.
"Robbed of the heart of Atlantis, my people seemed doomed to slow extinction. ...But now we are reborn."

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#5 Post by Pharoah » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:02 pm

once again, i agree. but getting then to see skill in the movie is the hard part. alot of these places don't like atle for unknown reasons.

now, if a group of atle fans got together and wroth then a letter stating why they should do that, then that would be another story.

AstiMu
Outsider
Outsider

#6 Post by AstiMu » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:06 pm

That would be really cool, but... I think we'd need a lot more people than this, though. There aren't a lot of people on this forum, but if we could find other fans...

And no, Atlantis doesn't seem nearly as popular as a lot of things. Seems they're more wiiling to invest in other things.

But then what do you think it would be like? A musical? Or just a play?
"Robbed of the heart of Atlantis, my people seemed doomed to slow extinction. ...But now we are reborn."

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:24 pm

If it was on Broadway, probably a musical, right? Because every Disney play is a musical...

I know the creators said there was no singing because it was guys digging in the ground and junk, but that's just a cop-out. There was singing in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ("I swear by my tattoo"), and there's also the little issue ofthe "digging in the ground" only lasted about the first 20 minutes of the film. They could have had something like "The Virginia Company" during the Ulysses/digging parts and some tribaly sounding stuff in Atlantis.

It COULD be done.

Did Tarzan do that well (financially/popularity-wise, I mean)? I mean, they made it a Broadway play but it didn't seem to me that it did that much better than Atlantis; at that point, Disney's audience was losing interest rapidly.
Last edited by Kidagakash85 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#8 Post by Pharoah » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:27 pm

hmm... me thinks on that... i wonder if i could make Kida sing again. cause before i reformated, i had all that narator stuff working fine. however that was the reason why the Lil' Gakash record didn't come out.