A:TLE video games

Here we can talk about Atlantis-related merchandise, whether they be toys, books, comics, and other spin-offs.
Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

A:TLE video games

#1 Post by Kidagakash85 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:48 pm

I recently re-played the Atlantis Playstation game and was reminded of how much I love it... it's so much fun being able to explore Atlantis more in depth! I also remember that I got the game before the movie was out on DVD/video, so since I couldn't watch the movie, I would watch the clips from it on the game 8)

I know there were a few other video games that came out in conjunction with the movie, but I'm having trouble remembering what they were called. I know there was one CD-Rom that came with a box of cereal and it wouldn't play on my old computer... I'd like to try it again with my newer computer, though! And I feel like there were a few more. What A:TLE video games have you all played? And did you like them? Reviews? :D

oogiesean
Outsider
Outsider

#2 Post by oogiesean » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:30 pm

The only game I had was the cd rom game where you went and found the Shepard's Journal.

alkorn
Citizen
Citizen

#3 Post by alkorn » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:46 am

As I know, there are few games:
-Atlantis: Trial by Fire
-Atlantis: the search for Shepard's Journal
- Official movie-based game
And also game for children. I have it on my computer)

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:52 pm

oogiesean wrote:The only game I had was the cd rom game where you went and found the Shepard's Journal.
Yeah yeah, that's the one! I want to try to play that now and see if it's any good. Hopefully I still have the CD-Rom... I should also try to get Trial by Fire. I think Atlantis is such a fun universe for a video game to take place in! They totally should have had it be a level in Kingdom Hearts, I would love to explore the city with updated graphics!

oogiesean
Outsider
Outsider

#5 Post by oogiesean » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Kidagakash85 wrote:
oogiesean wrote:The only game I had was the cd rom game where you went and found the Shepard's Journal.
Yeah yeah, that's the one! I want to try to play that now and see if it's any good. Hopefully I still have the CD-Rom... I should also try to get Trial by Fire. I think Atlantis is such a fun universe for a video game to take place in! They totally should have had it be a level in Kingdom Hearts, I would love to explore the city with updated graphics!
I know I still have the disc for the game just don't know if it will run on the computer. Yet i do have my other two computers one of them being the one I used to play the game on yet I don't know how well it would run since I think it has windows 2000 on it.

That would be so cool if they added Atlantis to Kingdom Hearts throwing in a Black Cauldron stage and a Treasure Planet stage would be very cool too. Now if they did do a stage for for Atlantis how cool would it be if Kida would join your party to help you fight.

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#6 Post by Pharoah » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:34 am

Oh, you need a PS1 Emulator and mounting software for the best performance. The best PS1 emulator is the ePSXe.v1.6.0. The best mounting software is PowerISO. that way you can make your Virtual Drive, rip an ISO image of the disc, mount the disc on the drive, launch the emulator, and open the iso OR select the drive. You can play using the keyboard, of if you have a USB contoler that works, you can use that as well. i Prefer the Alienware controller.

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm

I... thiiiiink I understand that post. We're talking about Search for the Journal, right? I finally played it and it was fun, but it felt a bit jerky. Does the emulator/mounting software help with that, or is it just something that is part of the game?

...maybe it's because I'm not used to playing first-person action games... Nancy Drew doesn't count :P

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#8 Post by Pharoah » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:29 pm

No. Search for the Journal and Trial by Fire are PC-Games. Now there was a PS1 Version of ATLE that is about the game (like movie-based)

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by Kidagakash85 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Ohh...? Why not just play it on your PS, then? I'm confused. Is the emulator so you can play the PS game on your computer? :?

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#10 Post by Pharoah » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 am

Yep, it also adds the added bonus of looking better then the PS1 as well. (since you can configure the graphics and audio)

I recently played the Megaman X games for the SNES using a SNES Emulator. Overall the emulators are a vast improvment on the consoles, beacuse they have the PC as their graphic interface, the same could be said for Audio as well.

The emulator uses the PC as it's source of Rendering for video, V.S a console.

Also, here's my Martak!
[urlhttp://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pc_z1J6dRPNKbqG7OKsbxPCKZKfWayWjhl1txz-IC3bo3leRZhgWMqWlkV1uVb9jBoQV4dhxLbziyvKd2YUhwvg/Rocks%2003.jpg?psid=1][/url]