Please read: Consolidating the board

Discussions pertaining to the board itself go here, including introductions and requests for help!

Do you approve of the following suggestions for changing the board?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 5

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

Please read: Consolidating the board

#1 Post by Kidagakash85 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:16 pm

For a few weeks now I've been talking about consolidating the different areas of the board to make it a little easier to sift through. These are the ideas I've come up with; if you all like this, I will make the changes. Please look this over and, if it sounds good to you, cast your vote. I don't want to make any changes without you guys approving. :-) If you have any suggestions, feel free to voice them.

Remember, no topics will be deleted--things will just be moved to different categories.

The Board

Announcements
Instructions on how to register, rules to read before posting, and other important announcements can be found here. PLEASE check this section for important updates!

KFU General Discussion
Discussions pertaining to the board itself go here, including introductions and requests for help!

The Universe

A:TLE and A:TLE II Movie Discussion
Here is the place we can discuss the two films, including character discussions, favorite moments, music, pictures, etc.

Princess Kida
The place to discuss Kida in general: why we like her, her best qualities, images of Kida, etc. This is also the place to talk about our favorite couple, Milo + Kida!

Atlantean
Discussions about the Atlantean language and culture can go here. Think of it as a one-stop reference guide for fanfics.

Miscellaneous
Anything else related to Atlantis (such as discussion of the historical Atlantis, or anything pertaining to the fandom but not specifically to the movies) can go here. Basically, if you can’t figure out where to post but it’s A:TLE related, post it here!

The Fandom

Merchandise
Here we can talk about Atlantis-related merchandise, whether they be toys, books, comics, and other spin-offs.

Creativity Center
We can post fanfiction, fanart, and other fandom stuff here. This is also a place to come to in order to discuss ideas for fanworks!

Website Center
Have a new Atlantis site you'd like to share with us? Updates on your website? Anything at all to do with websites goes here!

The Fans

Real Life
Have something going on in your real life that you'd like to tell your friends at KFU about? Talk about it here!

Off-Topic
Talk about any fandom that isn’t Atlantis-related here.
Last edited by Kidagakash85 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky
Outsider
Outsider

#2 Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:00 pm

I may be new but I've run a bunch of forums including a fairly large, busy, popular one, so I can speak on this...Since this forum IS so small, I approve of this consolidation. If it was busier I wouldn't like squishing together the movie sections and basically doing away with the character sections (I understand still giving Kida her own, the forum is named for her).

I hope people who have been here longer get back to you though, their opinion is pretty key. :)

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Kidagakash85 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Sparky, I agree--the forum's not too big and most of the categories only have a few topics in them, so I think this will just save time and cause less confusion as to where to post things.

I just e-mailed all the members...haha abuse of mod powers. :bwahaha: I don't know where everyone disappeared to, but I figured better to just tell them "Get your butts to KFU and give me feedback" than to wait 3 months for people to trickle back. *^_^* I want to at least check with everyone so that they don't come back and be like, "What did you do??" I've been a part of forums that have done changes like that without consulting the members and while usually it's okay, there have been times where I didn't like the change and would have liked to put in my own two cents worth.

This is the first time I used the e-mail function!

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#4 Post by Pharoah » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:33 am

Personally as long as it's easy to use and user friendly, that's all that should matter. I don't see anything wrong with the forums atm

Julia
Outsider
Outsider

#5 Post by Julia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 am

Wow, I haven't been to this forum in forever. Yeah, they sound like good changes.

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Kidagakash85 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks for the input! Nice to see you again, Julia!

RifleExpert
Palace Guard
Palace Guard

#7 Post by RifleExpert » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 am

I vote YES, but the old all in all was good too)

alkorn
Citizen
Citizen

#8 Post by alkorn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 am

Wow... How many answers...

Sappmer
Outsider
Outsider

#9 Post by Sappmer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:02 pm

I agree that these would be good changes.

Sorry for my inactivity, real life got the better of me, and I am on part time again next monday so it should get better =]

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Post by Kidagakash85 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Welcome back, Sappmer! Don't worry about not being around, I definitely know how hard balancing real life and online stuff is. :-) Thanks for your feedback, everyone!