20th Anniversary!

Here is the place we can discuss the two films, including character discussions, favorite moments, music, pictures, etc.
Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

20th Anniversary!

#1 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:06 pm

I just realized that this Thursday, June 3, is the 20th anniversary of A:TLE's theatrical release! WOW. I have been out of the fandom for so long that I'm not sure if there is anything special going on, such as the art contest that happened on DeviantArt for the 10th anniversary. (We are not going to discuss the fact that I was planning a revamp for my fansite for the 10th anniversary and then dropped the ball halfway through and haven't touched it again. 🤐) I also haven't heard anything about Disney doing any kind of Blu-Ray or other special edition release, but let me know if you find anything!

Happy 20th Anniversary, Atlantis! :idea: :D

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 20th Anniversary!

#2 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:14 pm

After a quick search, the only thing I can find "officially" commemorating the anniversary are these... bracelets...? that are being sold at Walt Disney World. I am 100% not into Disney Park Culture™ so I have no clue what a Magic Band is. The art on the box is the same as the art from the original VHS release, and the art on the Magic Band itself looks like the same art that was on the McDonald's Happy Meal bags that came out at the time of the release, which I cut out and decoupaged onto a cup to make a pencil caddy when I was 15 :P It would be nice to have a more "permanent" version of that art, but not nice enough to spend $35, let alone the scalper prices I'm sure it's going for on eBay. But let me know if any of you ever wind up getting your hands on one!

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:35 pm

Some more merchandise has been popping up over the last month. The first is this limited edition pin which is available through the Disney Store (and thus I was able to buy!). This is a really cute one featuring Milo and Kida:

There are also a few pins which are park exclusives. There's one of the Shepherd's Journal:

And one of Milo:

There is also a pin of the stone face of King Kashekim Nedakh from the end of the movie. I wasn't able to save a good picture of that one. There may be more park exclusive pins; since I'm not a Disney Parks person, I'm not really sure what's going on there in terms of merchandise.

Additionally, I saw this prototype of a collectible ornament that will be releasing this Christmas. This one features Kida in the crystal chamber:

That is definitely one I will try to get once it's available!

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Kidagakash85 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:30 pm

More very very exciting anniversary news! :dance: Tonight my friend texted me these pictures of this gorgeous anniversary Kida doll that will be coming in October! This is limited edition to just 9.600 dolls (not sure why that number was chosen...), so we will have to be very vigilant to order it when it becomes available!

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Kidagakash85 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:01 pm

The doll is available now! It wound up being November, not December. She can be purchased here while supplies last: https://www.shopdisney.com/kida-limited ... 50599.html

You can also purchase the Christmas ornament now: https://www.shopdisney.com/atlantis-leg ... 09824.html