The Ending

Here is the place we can discuss the two films, including character discussions, favorite moments, music, pictures, etc.

How do you feel about Kida's decision?

Good on her, way to share!
11%
What was she thinking?
11%
Well that took the mystery and romance outta it...
33%
Meh, it's her kingdom...
No votes
Oh geez, way to ruin the ending for me
44%

Total votes: 9

janeckb
Outsider
Outsider

The Ending

#1 Post by janeckb » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:25 pm

Personally, I wasn't too happy with the ending. Not exactly the lost empire anymore, is it?

I can understand why she decided what she did. There really was no need to stay hidden from the world... and hide that world from her people. But I still like the idea of it being a world within itself...

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Kidagakash85 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:16 am

I didn't like it. The whole point of the original ending ("We'll just keep this hush-hush") was so that the viewers could be like, "Maybe it really happened...maybe Milo and Kida are down there somewhere...

But, OBVIOUSLY Atlantis didn't rise in the 1940s, so obviously the whole franchise is now alternate-universe and bleagh.

Blueoriontiger
Citizen
Citizen

#3 Post by Blueoriontiger » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:17 am

I gotta agree with it, but I find it fun that you get pulled over while speeding, and an Altanean is writing you a ticket, lol.
Yayap: Hey look!! My Alpha-Bits are spelling a secret message!! Its says, "Ooooooo!!!"

Janeil: Yayap, that's Cheerios.

-Excerpt from a Halo Crossover

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#4 Post by Pharoah » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:57 pm

yet another reason why i decided to re-write the sequil, (which i did) and make a third (which is not finished).

i think that Kida's head was screwed on wrong at the end, and yeah, i agree. It would not be the lost empire any more. (now if the guardian's where in it, Kida would have made a more 'this would better us all, not get us blown up during the Cold War and WW2' desision.

personaly, my A.T.L.E Adventures are better then the sequil, for a few reasons. 1 they are fresh ideas, and highly creative (just as Jane, who is allready hooked on em') 2 they are not thrown together like a cheep puzzle, they have a plot, a plot twist, new characters, and new adventures. 3 i am able to add new people into the episodes (such as a member from the k.f.u who has made a character to add into the series.) 4 my storys are episodic. they happen right after each other, literaly. 5 everyone can particapate in these, as long as they are willing to type there characters part, and come up with a cool role for em'.

Ridley
Outsider
Outsider

#5 Post by Ridley » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:45 am

The Ending was bad, oh and yeah, the whole movie was bad ! Kida wasn't the personality like in movie one. She was totaly new at her own and bringing Atlantis back to the surface, oh please, thads bullshi... *ahem*

Thad Ending destroyed everything the first movie had createt. The mystik is gone etc. ... At all it was bad in every Part with thad Lava Monsters and so on.

I mean, okay, in Atlantis are some creatures like the Leviathan and after all the stuff what happend in Atlantis the whole surface had problems with some Monsters, Tales or whatever and everything must have a combination to Atlantis...

To simple combination off strange stuff makes one of the worst sequels ever ..... for a TV series okay, beside thad ending, but not for a movie ...

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#6 Post by Pharoah » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:57 pm

i agree, which is why i like my sequil to A.T.L.E better, cause it took more time to make it :)

Sunshine
Outsider
Outsider

The Ending

#7 Post by Sunshine » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 pm

As I've always believe, Atlantis should remain hidden beneath the ocean. I understand that in the movie Kida wanted to share their light with the world, but in reality it would have proven to be a disaster. Power and greed are a lot on most peoples mind and we know what happens when a rumor about some power source gets around. People will do anything to get their hands on it. It will just lead to another downfall for the Atlantean people. Raising Atlantis from the depths of the ocean took the magic out of everything. I like the idea of Atlantis a world of its own existing under water. I find it to be very magical.

Kidagakash85
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Ending

#8 Post by Kidagakash85 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:59 pm

Sunshine wrote:As I've always believe, Atlantis should remain hidden beneath the ocean. I understand that in the movie Kida wanted to share their light with the world, but in reality it would have proven to be a disaster. Power and greed are a lot on most peoples mind and we know what happens when a rumor about some power source gets around. People will do anything to get their hands on it. It will just lead to another downfall for the Atlantean people. Raising Atlantis from the depths of the ocean took the magic out of everything. I like the idea of Atlantis a world of its own existing under water. I find it to be very magical.
This is an excellent point!! I mean, look what happened in the first movie-- just a small group of people were going down there, and it turned out disastrously. If the whole world knew about it? Basically, by ending it like this they were playing to little kids, making the world into a place that's nicer and simpler than it is. The first movie was more adult and realistic. I'm not saying I don't like fairytale-ish endings, but I don't think it's really appropriate for Atlantis, which despite being a fantasy tried to ground itself in reality.

Pharoah
Royalty
Royalty

#9 Post by Pharoah » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:36 am

Before WW2? Lets just pretend the sequel never took place. Since it's based on a non-episodic TV series anyway, it doesn't really count.

Sunshine
Outsider
Outsider

The Ending

#10 Post by Sunshine » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 pm

It does my heart good to know that there are other people out there who agree with me about the ending in the sequel. I was hoping that anyone watching the film will see how wrong of an idea it is for Atlantis to be a part of the surface world again. I agree to pretend the sequel never took place. My mind is mainly focused on the first film.Thank you for your wonderful comments!

Keran_Shadlag
Citizen
Citizen

#11 Post by Keran_Shadlag » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Yeah, I don't count the second movie as canon, it was so lame. They should've just been like, "Here's excerts from a sell-out T.V. series we made but then canned." But whatever, it's kind-of tripped-out. We got the first movie, too, and maybe some new ideas for fanfic. There's probably even references to the original movie that aren't recorded elsewhere because they were so close to the material.

They were going for the whole "Atlantis Rising" aspect of the mythology, perhaps missing that Hellboy guy's concept about Atlantis "rising" at the end of ATLE by having the water receed a bit.

I never actually watched ATLE 2. Maybe some day. I'll probably regret it.